Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MAC Pink Friday

For those who aren't makeup enthusiasts like myself, you may not have known that Nicki Minaj did a collaboration with MAC to promote her new album Pink Friday. The lipstick was only available online for a short period of time last month and I was fortunate to gets my hands on one. Pink Friday is a bright, cool tone, opaque Barbie doll pink. If you are darker skin tone like myself  Pink Friday can not be wore alone but with lip liner and gloss, it's the perfect pink. It has become of one my new favorite lipstick to wear. But why write a blog about a color that's not longer available? Well there are plenty colors on the market that MAC and other brands have that are very similar to Pink Friday. MAC has Snob, Chatterbox and Viva Glam Lady Gaga that are similar. MAKE UP FOR EVER and Illamasqua both have bright Barbie doll like pinks in their collections. We are coming into Spring Summer 2011 where brights were huge on the runways. So ladies if you are tired of wearing those hoilday reds, try a pink.

2 comments:

  1. Cicely being a dark skinned female such as myself, would you recommend such a bright pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I believe dark skinned women can rock a bright pink lipstick. Bright colors looks great on darker complexion. No I wouldn't recommend the lipstick to worn alone, but with lip liner and/or lip gloss it should be fine.

    ReplyDelete